To fib is to state a different meaning for each of the ten-word prompts
assuming you had no idea each was a name of a particular bird.
1. COOT – a cumbersome old fart
2. DUNLIN – a place to vacation
3. HOBBY – fav goof-off task
4. KNOT – tangled crochet loop
5. RUFF – loud dog conversationalist
6. SCAUP – a bald scaled salt-water fish
7. SERIN – over-the-counter medication
8. SMEW – sound from an unexpected kiss
9. SNIPE ~ cotton fabric quilting block
10.TWITE – brief remark
today’s prompt words: picture – frame – smile
The weekend weather is a bit of concern. It’s enough to turn one’s smile
There’s no escaping the Arctic Blast with wind chill temperatures low as
minus 50 degrees.
The time frame of this potent cold snap is already underway and I’m
trying really hard not to paint a dismal picture.
It’s not every morning one receives an incoming call from their landlord
with suggestions to keep the water running slightly and leave open both
the kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
I googled to see at what temps pipes freeze and disliked the answer of
as little as six to eight hours if the temps are 20 and below.
Life is certainly jam-packed with unpleasant surprises and the weather
extremes occurring in recent times is truly food for thought.
All preparations are complete and since Mother Nature is in control here
all I can do is pray for a good outcome.
‘Twenty-eight (28) selections today, February 3rd’
Today’s first choice was ‘carrot cake’ followed closely by ‘bubble-gum’.
The scrumptious moist carrot cake dates back to Medieval times.
To original cake batter the baker adds the following ingredients:
1. shredded carrots
2. shredded coconut
4. drained crushed pineapple
5. spices (cinnamon – ginger – ground mixed spices)
6. chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
The cake, topped with delicious cream cheese frosting, is available year-round.
You must be logged in to post a comment.