questions asked ~ fibs for answers
In the world of international finance, what do the abbreviations
USD and GBP stand for?
Answer: universal savings data ~ global balance payouts
What exactly is cryptocurrency?
Answer: a variable of printed cash
What is the difference between stocks and bonds?
Answer: financial risks and returns
What is meant by a ‘bull’ market?
Answer: reservation for Zodiac ‘Taurus’ buyers
What is meant by a ‘bear’ market?
Answer: space prerequisite uncouth traders
What is a stock split?
Answer: investors’ temporary gain
What exactly is crowdfunding?
Answer: gathering of professional money-makers
What is a pension?
Answer: rare private sector plan
What is a 401(k)?
Answer: secret to success
What is day trading?
Answer: a day’s speculation
1. How big was the one who got away?
Ans: Unknown – centipede with all its’ segmented legs sped away before I could bring
out my ruler.
2. What comes after a storm?
Ans: Beautiful weather, a catastrophic mess to clean up and can’t forget those
bouquets of flowers – an expression to convey ‘sorry’ following argument(s).
3. Why do fish swim?
Ans: To avoid walking on the ocean floor/if camouflaged easy way to catch prey
4. What colour is grass?
Ans: Dark green if maintained well and shade of brown if exposed to high temps
and lack of water
5. What’s over the hill?
Ans: A huge surprise (positive or negative) for certain
6. What is the color of money?
Ans: Varies country-to-country and can’t forget words / markings people
pen on bills with their permanent markers
7. What do goats, pigs and roosters have in common?
Ans: Annoying habits
8. Who lives in the woods?
9. What does an ill wind bring?
Ans: Bad vibes/news for some – others benefit from and a computer freeze for me.
10. What is a windfall?
Ans: A lottery win over $600 which requires a trip to Lottery headquarters /
can’t cash at supermarkets nor convenience stores
Fibbing Friday: May 22nd 2020
This weeks questions:
01. What is the Pythagorean Theorem?
Ans: Reminder why I chose Business Course in High School and Accounting
courses in college
02. What is the Higgs boson better known as?
Ans: The host to universe’s dark matter
03. Technically an acronym, what does COVID-19 actually stand for?
Ans: An invisible enemy that led to a serious worldwide medical crisis
04. What is the Theory of Relativity?
Ans: Special versus General makes for an excellent Advanced Science course project.
05. What is Newton’s Third Law?
Ans: The one following his ‘first’ and ‘second’ laws of motion
06. What is the difference between mass and weight?
Ans: A heart-healthy diet and numbers registered on the scale
07. What is the formula for density?
Ans: Percentage ratio of fabric fibers compacted together
08. What is the process by which a solid transforms directly into a gas called?
Ans: Vegetarian diet containing lots of cruciferous vegetables
09. What makes biology unique compared to other sciences?
Ans: High school classmates following teacher’s instructions dissect a frog.
10. According to one particular idiom, what do April showers bring?
Ans: An overabundance of weeds – total opposite of a gardener’s floral dream
Fibbing Friday: April 3rd 2020
30 minutes – race against clock – before Friday becomes Saturday on my calendar – GO!!
Wonderful I type go and the keyboard refuses to type. WONDERFUL – doubtful meet
- Where will you find a windlass?
Ans: in the weight room at the gym
- What’s the difference between a paddle and an oar?
Ans: the circumference of the pole
- How do you bore water?
- If 007 has a licence to kill, what do the previous 6 have licences for?
Ans: (in no particular order) – thought patterns documentation – intentional
deviations – graphing charts – tactics – immunity – seal of approval to chicken
- Why do we have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday?
Ans: Food storage in prep of long wait until Fat Tuesday a.k.a. Mardi Gras
- Why do we say something is ‘dog-eared’ if it’s shabby or tatty?
Ans: Sounds more pleasing to the ear and much better visual than
- What color are peacock eggs?
Ans: Various – depends on the painter
- What is the difference between the Big Dipper and The Plough?
Ans: The location – US/Canada versus UK/Ireland
- How do you make Sloe Gin?
Ans: Ask the bartender to shake well all ingredients for a fizz effect
- Who were The Goons?
Ans: Relatives of mine – actual considered alien due to RH Negative blood
Fibbing Friday: February 28th
First Fibbing Friday of 2020 – an actual ‘First’ for me
1. It’s obvious what baked beans and baked potatoes are. But what is a
Ans: A yummie dessert – avoid unless wish to add to one’s spare tire.
2. What is a TLA?
Ans: Talkative Lackadaisical Adult
3. What was boombangabang?
Ans: New Year’s Eve fireworks from the pier
4 . How would you describe a cornice?
Ans: An architectural projection – ice dam count?
5. Who will be on the back of the new £ 20 note when it comes into circulation
Ans: I shall have to wait and see since this is unknown territory for me. Me thinks I should
6. Where will you be able to buy sky hooks?
Ans: Shop at your local sporting goods store – that fails try hardware store.
7. If two’s company and three’s a crowd, what’s four?
Ans: A recipe for a debate or conflict
8. Why are squares on a checkers board alternately black and white?
Ans: To allow each player to use his / her color scheme – my board was black and red.
9. What happens to all the holes cut out of ring doughnuts?
Ans: Sold in cute boxes with handles ‘Munchkins’ – small children (even some adults) devour them.
10. Why did the rabbit go up the hole, round the tree, (right to left) and back down
Ans: His compact GPS tracker’s battery registered below 20 percent.
First Fibbing Friday of 2020