tis quite obvious
Saturday not best day shop
warm weather bright-line
shoppers hoards local turnout
memory ‘blast from the past’
Normally I do all errands Monday through Friday to avoid the crowds.
Due to my vehicle being in the shop for repairs, I had to postpone my
Saturday found me catching up on mundane responsibilities.
1. First on the morning agenda was a drop-off at the local drycleaners
(third in line, a short wait and an annoyed customer service rep due to
lack of and need for more help).
2. Next stop was one of two dollar stores in town to purchase usual
essentials. This was the second week in a row the same clerk waited
on me and continued a conversation on her cell phone (how rude).
3. The pharmacy was the last establishment on the list of to-dos before
lunch. Unbelievable the entire time it took me to place four items in my
shopping cart plus choose a greeting card a phone rang (unanswered)
In the future I shall try NOT to shop anywhere on Saturdays since the
quality of service is definitely on the decline.
1. Do you have a special talent (ie music, art, singing, dressmaking,
Ans: As a youngster two summers in a row I hand sewed a skirt with
the assistance of the park lady and won 1st place ribbon awards. Fast forward several years: With a brand-new sewing machine I wanted to customize my own
Each year I took evening adult courses at the local vocational high
school. The clothing I designed went on display at the school’s yearly
All that I learned allowed me the luxury of wearing clothes I never
could’ve afforded plus gave me a great sense of accomplishment.
2. What was your best subject at school and was it your favorite?
Ans: Bookkeeping-Accounting was both. Learning how to manage
finances proved beneficial both in career and as head of household.
3. Do you like to cook?
Ans: Reflecting back to decades of meals prepared by yours
truly ‘ME’ I’ll opt to answer affirmative. ‘Betty Crocker’ and
I were definitely pals.
4. Do you get riled easily?
Ans: One would think a gal born under the sign of ‘Taurus’ would
fly off the handle. For me, it’s totally opposite. It takes a great deal
of time before that happens.
Gratitude: “Welcome each day with a smile. It will get you off to a
1. What kind of music do you like? Ans: I love country music and quite enjoyed playing country tunes on my keyboard. Johnny Cash’ “Walk the Line”, Patsy Cline’s “Crazy”, Keith Urban’s “Days Go By” and Blake Shelton’s “Came Here to Forget” were some selections I managed to play from sheet music.
2. What is your favorite food? Ans: I love ice cream. In younger years I made frappes, consumed countless ice cream cones and hot fudge sundaes. Due to age and slowed down metabolism I can no longer indulge since although tasty it adds to my spare tire. Ben & Jerry’s ‘Cherry Garcia’ is my favorite flavor.
3. What is your favorite tipple? (For those who don’t drink, what do you order when out with friends)? Ans: The occasional Sloe Gin Fizz Cocktail or glass of Zinfandel wine was curtailed back in 1994 due to medication. I now order either raspberry iced tea or coffee milk.
4. What relaxes you (music, reading, walking, meditation, yoga etc.)? Ans: Walking and connecting with Nature is high on my list of responses. Currently I’ve been reading a potpourri of genres and learning the practice of meditation. Calm App 😊
5. Gratitude: How often do you have some me time? I prioritize what has to be done and each day am adamant about some alone time.
You must be logged in to post a comment.